StarWind(Based on iSCSI) is used to create a shared storage area on a Windows Server for use with clustered environment.
Download the software from http://www.starwindsoftware.com and complete the installation steps. Then,
- Start > All Programs > StarWind Software > StarWind
- Click on Connect, provide the username and password.
- Right click on Targets, you will get options to Add a new target.
- Enable the correct device type.
- Select the method to add a device (In case the device is already created, use: Mount Existing Device) else, create A Virtual Device.
- Specify the disk location and size.
- Specify Image File device parameters (Make sure you enable Allow Multiple Concurrent iSCSI Connections for a cluster environment).
- Choose a target name and complete the installation.
iSCSI: Internet Small Computer Interface for linking data storage facilities
Uses port : 860 and 3260
The Microsoft iSCSI Initiator Service has to be started by running services.msc, where you’ll get the services listed over. To access a virtual disk,
- Start > Administrative tools > iSCSI Initiator
- iSCSI Initiator properties will open, then go to Discovery > Click on Discovery Portal > Add the IP or the domain and check the port (default port is 3260)
- Once IP/domain is added, goto Favourite Targets and refresh to get the list of targets.
- Under the Targets option you can connect/disconnect a particular virtual disk.
Once this is done, the virtual disks will be available under Server
Manager > Storage > Disk Management.
Read some more recent posts here:-
Ideal Traits of a 24/7 Web Hosting Technical Support Services Partner
How DevOps helps enhance Customer Satisfaction
Contact us to learn in detail about all our services.