Since its conception in 2000, the Cloud technology has been a hot topic in the business world in terms of digital data processing and storage.
– In the year 2008, there was a dramatic change in the business world with organizations switching from internal software and hardware assets to Cloud-based models.
– The year 2017 saw an unprecedented rate of enterprises and individuals switching to Cloud implementation services to achieve their business goals and objectives and the public cloud market incurred a revenue of 138.4 billion U.S. dollars.
– Considering the competitiveness, flexibility, low cost and the exponential growth we are currently witnessing in Cloud services, it is safe to say that the technology will continue to dominate the year 2018 as well.
If you are dependent on IT resources for your business, the following are the top cloud services to watch out for in the new year:
1. The Growth in Cloud Computing Solutions
The expansion of the SaaS, PaaS and IaaS models has resulted in a significant increase in the number of Cloud solutions. Organizations that want to improve customer access to their services will continue to take advantage of the simplicity and high-performance of these Cloud models to tackle a diverse array of business research and requirements. Cisco has predicted that by 2018 almost 60% of the Cloud-based projects will operate on the SaaS model, followed by PaaS and IaaS.
Also, DaaS, a flagship offering of the Cloud technology which integrates with the AI services, is bound to garner more users in the coming years and influence the way businesses manage data, services and decision making.
2. Advancement in security and privacy solutions
The many security breaches of 2017 will encourage businesses to make privacy and security their top priority in 2018. With industry giants such as Microsoft, Google and Amazon investing heavily in Cloud solutions for improved privacy control, the technology is bound to come up with tools to reinforce its security parameters.
We can also predict a definite rise in the adoption of hybrid Cloud architecture as its strategy of combining on-premise, public and private Cloud infrastructure adds layers to the data protection system and considerably raises the security level.
3. Exponential Growth in Cloud Storage Capacity
With Cloud technology becoming a critical part of operation and management for several businesses, we can continue to expect exponential growth in terms of data storage solutions. According to a Cisco report, the year 2017 will account for about 600EB of data and the quantity is estimated to double in the year 2018.
With amplified storage capacity, smaller companies will be able to offer customised services and larger business will be able to store, process and analyse data to a greater extent for valuable insight in various fields.
4. Internet of Small and Big Things (IoT)
In the year 2017, IoT, with its AI integration, emerged as one of the stellar business applications of the year. The continuous advancement in real-time analytics and cloud computing has made it possible for IoT to simplify interactions at various levels. With IoT spearheading the invention of interactive and intelligent devices, we can be sure that it will be at the forefront of technology innovations in the year 2018 too.
It is indeed a great time to switch to Cloud computing for maximum resource utilisation, streamlined collaboration and improved data security and privacy. Instacarma can help you migrate to Cloud platform with enterprise-class services and 24/7 IT support.