The most mature, proven, and comprehensive platform. VMware vSphere is fifth-generation virtualization—many years ahead of any alternative. It delivers higher reliability, more advanced capabilities, and greater performance than competing solutions. VMware’s virtualization pre-eminence is recognized universally by analysts and overwhelmingly by the marketplace.
- High application availability. Purchased separately, high-availability infrastructure remains complex and expensive. But VMware integrates robust availability and fault tolerance right into our platform to protect all your virtualized applications. Should a node or server ever fail, all its VMs are automatically restarted on another machine, with no downtime or data loss.
- Wizard-based guides for ease of installation. VMware’s wizard-based guides take the complexity out of setup and configuration. You can be up and running in one-third the deployment time of other solutions.
- Simple, streamlined management. VMware lets you administer both your virtual and physical environments from a “single pane of glass” console right on your web browser. Time-saving features such as auto-deploy, dynamic patching, and live VM migration reduce routine tasks from hours to minutes. Management becomes much faster and easier, boosting productivity without adding to your head count.
- Higher reliability and performance. Our platform blends CPU and memory innovations with a compact, purpose-built hypervisor that eliminates the frequent patching, maintenance and I/O bottlenecks of other platforms. The net result is best-in-class reliability and consistently higher performance; for heavy workloads, VMware achieves 2-to-1 and 3-to-1 performance advantages over our nearest competitors.
- Superior security. VMware’s hypervisor is far thinner than any rival, consuming just 144 MB compared with others’ 3-to-10 GB disk profile. Our small hypervisor footprint presents a tiny, well-guarded attack surface to external threats, for airtight security and much lower intrusion risk.
- Greater savings. VMware trumps other virtualization solutions by providing 50 percent to 70 percent higher VM density per host—elevating per-server utilization rates from 15 percent to as high as 80 percent. You can run many more applications on much less hardware than with other platforms, for significantly greater savings in capital and operating costs.
- Affordability. VMware is highest in capabilities, but not cost. Starting at $165 per server, our small business packages consolidate more of your applications on fewer servers, with greater performance—delivering the industry’s lowest total cost of ownership (TCO).